What is Study Abroad?
GCTU’s study abroad programme is a great opportunity for students and professionals to live in another country communicate through cultures, network with other students and business professionals to broaden your horizon in an increasingly global world.
Studying abroad also broadens your education and allows you to take different and new courses/seminars from those at your home university, which will in turn expose you to a new teaching and learning environment. Study abroad with us and you will be exposed to our friendly and supportive partner Institutes across the globe. As GCTU expands its international reach, the Office of International Programmes stands committed to help the institution become a “world-class” university by offering study abroad programmes that focus on quality, diversity and accessibility.
Types of Study Abroad
- Summer Programmes
- Year Abroad
- Semester Abroad
Why Study Abroad ?
Study abroad can be an excellent complement to your academic and professional career. You will return from studying abroad with a new sense of self, a focus on your academic and professional pursuits, and an appreciation of a different culture, language, and learning environment. Apart from helping you Change the way you see your world, study abroad allows you to:
- Experience other cultures
- Live in a new country
- Learn a new language
- Taste foreign cuisine
- Tour amazing sites
- Make an invaluable investment in your future
- Meet and network with thought leaders in business
- Develop and enhance your career
- Be exposed to international academic thoughts and ideologies
Choosing to spend summer abroad is one of the best decisions you’ll ever make. Indeed, in our increasingly global society, choosing not to go abroad can put you at a disadvantage academically and professionally. Through our network of partners we offer summer programmes and short cultural exchange programmes in Europe, Asia and the USA providing students and professional with varied possibilities.
This summer 2018, GCTU presents two amazing destinations for students and professionals. Before you take the plunge, we encourage students and professionals to ask these important questions:
- What do I want to accomplish abroad (e.g. continue with a foreign language, conduct research, build professional capacity, experience a new culture)?
- What regions of the world interest me?
- What type of programme fits my interests and needs?
Who can Study Abroad?
GCTU’s Study abroad programme is a unique platform that provides academic and professional development for students and professionals. The programme is opened to GCTU students and progressively minded professionals looking to enhance their careers and acquaint themselves with cutting edge technology in their respective industries.
Our Summer Cultural Exchange is open to all current students of the University who have completed one year of study, regardless of your area of study and offers an excellent chance to enhance your degree and experience a new culture through cultural visits and events in addition to the teaching programme.
The programme is open to all professionals. Every year, the university runs programmes for professionals in specific fields. This ranges from Engineering, ICT, Hospitality to business related areas. These programmes are structured to provide professionals with career progression and professional development skills which will impact positively on their careers. Professionals will have access to seminars, lectures, networking sessions and hands on experiences in various fields.
COVENTRY UNIVERSITY, UNITED KINGDOM
DATE: 20TH JULY-2ND AUGUST, 2015
DURATION OF PROGRAMME: 14 days
PROGRAMME COST: £1,100.00 (Exclusive of Airfare)
What’s included in the fee?
Accommodation in single-occupancy rooms (with shared kitchen facility);
• Lunch (for 3 days of the programme);
• Welcome and farewell dinners;
• 10 hours of academic content per week, including Communication skills, skills development workshops and tutorials;
• Tuition fees
• Field trips and full access to summer school activities (transport inclusive)
• Airports pick up and drop off from the airport (only available during specified dates and times. You will receive further information with your acceptance email).
What’s not included in the fee?
Please note that the following is not included in the programme fee, and these additional costs must be incurred by the student:
• Flights to and from the United Kingdom;
• Personal insurance such as travel/medical insurance or insurance related to all activities you will participate in during your stay (this is a requirement for each participant);
• Other travel costs for personal visits/excursions;
• Food and beverages unless specified in the itinerary;
• Accommodation for friends and family of students;
• Costs for additional weekend excursions.
• Visa fee
STUDY ABROAD PROGRAMME FOR MBA STUDENTS
ISC BUSINESS SCHOOL, PARIS
MBA SEMINAR DOING BUSINES WITH FRANCE AND EUROPE
DATE: 8TH JUNE – 20TH JUNE, 2015
Duration of programme: 13 Days
Programme cost: € 1,600.00 (Exclusive of Airfare)
Target: Postgraduate Students
What’s not included in the fee?
- Meals for the duration
- Flights to and from the Ghana
- Other travel costs for personal visits/excursions;
- Personal insurance such as travel/medical insurance or insurance related to all activities you will participate in during your stay (this is a requirement for each participant);
- Food and beverages unless specified in the itinerary;
- Accommodation for friends and family of students;
- Costs for additional weekend excursions
- Visa fee
What’s included in the fee?
- Transfer to and from the Airport
- Accommodation in a double occupancy rooms
- Course Materials
- Welcome Breakfast
- Farewell Dinner
- Seminar Materials
- Certificate of Attendance
BENEFITS OF THE PROGRAMME
- A chance to understand the realities of industry
- An international perspective for professional development
- An appreciation of the issues facing the industry
- Provide the opportunity to meet and discuss business related issues with business leaders
- A unique intellectual and cultural enriching international experience
- Opportunity to make new contacts and friendship