Frequently ASKED Questions

In order to facilitate the process of obtaining a visa on arrival, you will need to provide the Office of Student Affairs with the documents stated below, to present on your behalf at Ghana Immigration:

  • A copy of the data page of your passport
  • A copy of your Admission letter
  • A copy of payment of school fees
  • An introductory letter
  • As the University will provide your introductory letter, you will need to provide the University with the following details:
  • Place of embarkation
  • Date of arrival
  • Duration of stay
  • Purpose
  • Accommodation details
  • You can apply for extension of the permit.

    It is an offence not to possess a residence permit and a penalty will be applied to students who flout this directive.

    The process takes a week. However, if you would like the school to undertake this process for you, then please allow a maximum of 6 weeks for completion.

    Please note that the resident permit costs $150 although this is subject to change according to Ghana Immigration Service

    If you require an introductory letter to apply for a residence permit or a renewal, you will need to go to International Programmes Office

    Upon receiving your admission letter you should apply for a student’s visa from a Ghana High Commission, Consulate or other Embassy authorised by the Government of Ghana to issue visas on her behalf. Upon arrival in Ghana you will have to apply for a residence permit from the Ghana Immigration Service. The International Programmes  Office will provide you with an introductory letter to help facilitate this process.  The office can also assist you obtain a residence permit. Items required for obtaining an introductory letter for a residence permit:

  • Receipt of Payment from the Accounts Office
  • Non-Citizen Ghana card
  • Copy of student ID card
  • Contact number of student in Ghana
  • Copy of the photo page of your passport
  • Upon arrival in Ghana, all international students MUST register with their High Commissions/Embassies at their earliest convenience

    Students requiring an attestation letter or introductory letter for purposes other than those relating to residence permits, will need to make an application to the Office of the Registrar through the Student Services Office. The application should state the following:

  • The purpose of the introductory letter
  • Index Number
  • Level
  • Programme
  • Full name
  • You are also required to attach the following documents:
  • Payment receipt
  • Photocopy of their ID card (front and back)
  • Once certificates are issued, names cannot be changed. Students are encouraged to check with the Exams and Records unit to ensure the correct spelling and arrangement of their names before the completion of their programme.

    Yes you can. You will need to produce legal documentation to the Exams and Records Office as proof of change of name.

    Yes you can, however, GTUC will only use the name in the admission records.

    Where your name has been spelt incorrectly, contact the Admissions Office as soon as possible where one of the Officers will be able to assist you to address this issue.

    Admissions Office where an Admissions Officer would assist appropriately, if the change is permitted. Student should provided valid student Identification in this process. In the absence of the valid student ID, students can use their admission letters.

    You will need to pay for a new one at the Accounts Office. Receipt of payment should be presented to the Information Technology Support Service (ITSS) Officer who will assist you to have your card replaced.

    Once you have successfully registered at GTUC, taken part in the matriculation process and undertaken your medical examination, you will be issued with your ID card. Failure to take part in any of the stated processes will cause a delay in the issuance of the ID card, and in some cases penalties incurred.

    Students who would like fees to be paid directly into the school’s bank accounts are required to contact the Accounts Office who would guide you through the process

    Unfortunately GTUC has no control over the currency exchange rates. This therefore means that students will have to pay according to the rate on that given day.

    Applications will be opened from June 1 to July 31 Annually. Applications received after the above dates will not be considered.

  • All scholarship applicants must be in good standing with no adverse disciplinary action against them
  • All awards are tentative subject to final verification of academic records.
  • Full-time enrollment in a regular Diploma, Top Up or Degree programme is required.
  • Completion of all assigned and registered credit hours in the chosen programme is essential if the renewal or re-application of the scholarship is to be sought.
  • Scholarship recipients must maintain the required cumulative weighted average (CWA). Grades are subject to review on a semester by semester basis. For under graduate programmes, any scholarship recipient who earns a CWA of less than 70.00 will automatically forfeit the scholarship.
  • For graduate programmes students whose grades fall below an “A” – that is 70.00 to 74.00 will automatically forfeit the scholarship scheme.

    The Florence Nkrumah Onny Scholarship Fund will provide partial or full financial support to continuing GTUC students with financial need who are pursing diploma and under graduate studies. The support / term of the scholarship is for one academic year and will not be renewed automatically. Scholarships will be limited to the costs of tuition, University fees and, in selected cases, books.

    No. Please note that this scholarship will cover one academic year and therefore one will need to apply each academic year justifying why they require the scholarship. Kindly refer to the website for details on when the application for the scholarship opens.

    Check out the website for details on how to apply for this scholarship and details on how the process works.

    Yes. The Florence Onny Memorial Scholarship. This scholarship provides partial or full tuition support to continuing GTUC students pursuing diploma and undergraduate progammes.

    The hostels are limited in number and therefore you are advised to apply for a hostel in good time.

    As the prices differ, you are advised to seek assistance from the Student Affairs Unit.

    You will need to go to the Students Affairs Office where you will find a Student Affairs Officer who will be happy to assist you with your enquiries.

    It is not possible to establish a branch of your church at GTUC, all students wishing to fellowship on campus must sign up with the All Christian Fellowship (ACF) Association.

    If you are interested in starting a student group on campus, you will need to consult with an Officer at   the Student Affairs Office, as it is important to ensure that there is no duplication and or unethical group on campus.

    It is advised that all students keep their passports in a safe place. In the case that your passport gets lost you should:

  • Report the situation to the police and obtain a police report. (It is advised you make a copy of this)
  • Report the incident to Ghana Immigration Service, presenting the police report.
  • Contact your embassy in Ghana in order to start the process for a new passport. Ensure that your police report is on hand in case it is required.
  • All CAL Bank Branches
  • National Identification Authority Head Office at Tetteh Quarshie near the Gulf House, Accra.
  • Ghana Immigration Head Office – Accra
  • The Non-Citizen ID card shall be used for many transactions including:

  • application for and issuance of a driver’s license;
  • opening of individual or personal bank accounts;
  • purchase of insurance policies;
  • transactions specified under the National Health Insurance Scheme;
  • registration of SIM cards;
  • Non-Citizen ID cards are required by Ghanaian law
    First Issuance: - $120
    Renewal: - $60
    Replacement: - $60

    The Non-Citizen Card is a mandatory requirement for all foreign nationals living in Ghana. The Non-Citizen Ghanacard shall be used for all transactions which require identification.

    All foreign nationals living in Ghana are required by law to register and be issued with a Non-Citizen Ghanacard. The registration of foreign nationals is part of the process to register all people living in the country. The Non-citizen Ghanacard is the national identity card for foreign nationals.

    Every student at GTUC is given an official e-mail and password to log into an online system to access their results. Parents who would like to access these results need to get the “right to use” from their wards who are the owners of this information.  Please note that GTUC cannot issue student usernames and passwords to third parties.

    Kindly contact the Accounts Office to be given the necessary assistance.

    Send all details relating to the transaction to the Finance Office where you would be given the necessary assistance.

    Yes. All continuing students have to pay at least 40% of their fees before registering at the beginning of the semester. All fresh students are required to pay full fees.

    Kindly contact the Accounts Office for the appropriate bank account number.

    Kindly click on the following Fee Schedule 
    which has a breakdown of all fees schedules. Please note that this is subject to change