MSc Telecom Engineering
MSc Telecommunications Engineering (with KNUST, Ghana)
About the Programme
It is a two (2) year collaborative programme between Ghana Technology University College and Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Ghana.
The program is a high level modular course which provides intensive preparation for professional practice in the technology aspects of telecommunications. The programme is recommended for individuals with technical degrees who are seeking graduate education to help them advance into managerial and leadership roles in the dynamic telecommunications and information environment.
This course covers accepted fundamental principles and methodologies that govern communication systems. Students will also understand the regulatory aspects related to deployment of the wireless infrastructure. The course guides students through the processes of assessing the specification, performance, selection, and commissioning of telecommunications systems and networks.
More importantly it will enable student to acquire skills to inform organizational policy and adoption of technology.
Modules under the programme are:
- Communication Electronics
- Digital Communications
- Emerging Technology
- Wireless Communication Systems
- Project Management
- Antenna Engineering for Wireless Communications
- RF and Microwave Communication
- Optical Communications
- Mobile and Satellite Communications
- Network Planning and Design
- Research Methodology and Seminar Presentation
- Digital Signal Processing
- Telecommunication legal and Regulatory issues
First degree with a minimum grade point average of 2.2 in Physics, Electrical or Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science with Physics from an accredited university or college.
Ghanaians – US $8,000.00
International Students – UK £10,000.00
Why should I choose this programme?
- The course has a tremendously expanding field with a high workforce demand
- Students are well equipped for leading positions in globally operating companies in Ghana and worldwide.
- The Graduate School has faculty with international experience
- Our adjunct Professors are from industry with broad practical experience.
After successful completion of the programme, a graduate should be able to perform in career fields such as:
- Manager for Projects
- Systems Analyst
- Senior Policy Advisor
- Consultant, Infrastructure and Operations
- Network Planning Consultant
- Software Test Engineer/Consultant
- Manager for Technical Services
For further information, please contact:
Graduate Admissions Office Ghana Technology University College (GTUC) Tel: 0302- 917152, 0302-969020, 0302-969030 Mobile: 0202698352, 0202698353 Kumasi campus: +233(0)3221-92373, 0202698214 Koforidua campus: 0202625760, 0202625761 Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org