GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SYSTEMS/GLOBAL POSITIONING SYSTEMS (GIS/GPS) TRAINING
DURATION: 10 DAYS START: 20 th February – 3 rd March, 2017
Organisations around the world are leveraging their information technology (IT) investments by integrating mapping such as Global Positioning System (GPS) and Geographic Information System (GIS) technology. This course will provide participants essential knowledge base in GIS and GPS which will assist them to make informed decisions.
On completion of this course delegates will:
- Be equipped with knowledge in collecting special and associated attribute date
- Understand the fundamental principles and concepts behind GIS, GPS and Satellite based remote sensing
- Share knowledge with others and visualise data in ways simply not possible in the rows and columns of a spreadsheet.
- Acquire knowledge in GIS project management
- Learn to collect process and analyze data using GPS and GIS
Topics to Be Covered
- GIS and the Information Age
- Data collection procedures
- Selecting a GPS receiver for a project
- GIS Uses and Applications
- What can GIS do for you
- Building GIS projects and applications
- Moving data from GPS platform to GIS
Managers, Chief Executives, It Professionals, Planners in Transport, Telecommunication, Real estate, Local Government, Defense, Marketing, Banking, Education, Utility (Water, Electricity) Mining, Oil exploration, Health, Insurance.