Central State University, USA
Central State University, USA
Central State University is situated in the heart of Ohio State USA. At Central State University students are offered a comprehensive support of a small community to assist in transforming their lives. As Ohio’s only publicly funded historically black university, Central State offers a wide academic curriculum that ensures that students are exposed to a world beyond the classroom; Central state offers academic opportunities for future educators, scientist, engineers, performers and more. Central State offers over 30 in-depth bachelor’s degree and graduate programme geared towards ones future goals. At 15 to 1 student teacher ratio, family based academic environment and 34 undergraduate majors; you couldn’t have made a better choice.
Why Ohio State?
Located north east of the United States of America, it offers a wide display of historical, folk and urban culture, and entertainment to students and tourist. Ohio is home to the world famous Roscoe village, horse drawn canal boat, a wide range of museum’s and jewellery stores and a gourmet market, it offers accessibility to famous cities like Columbus, Cincinnati, Cleveland and Dayton amongst others, also a few hours’ drive to New York city.
Why Central State University’s summer school
- An exciting opportunity to travel abroad and experience the ever popular American history and urban culture.
- Gain an understanding of how organisations and industries operate in America.
- A chance to make new friends from Ohio, America and other parts of the world;
- Gain full access to all the University’s features and facilities;
- A great location for exploring Ohio and America as a whole.
- An opportunity to visit American industries and popular social and historical sites
|Date:||21 June – 5July|
|Duration of programme:||2 weeks|
|Cost of Programme:||$1,250|
|Application Deadline:||14th April, 2014|
What’s included in the fee?
- Visa processing
- Housing: Accommodation for 14days : Double Occupancy (students)
- Meals (19/week)
- Administrative Charge
- Linen (CSU Cost)
- Ground Transportation
- Travel to Cincinnati and Columbus (maybe Indianapolis)
- On-site Orientation and Oversight by CSU
- Access to CSU Amenities/Services (incl. computer lab, gym, library)
- Tickets to Museums
- Travel/Health/Life Insurance with HTH Worldwide
What’s not included in the fee?
- Meals beyond the 19-Meal Plan
- Personal Travel
- Return flights tickets
- Students must be aged 18 or over at the time of the course start date and/or undertaking a university/ college course.
- As each programme is delivered in English, students will need a good level of English speaking, reading and writing skills.
How to apply
To apply you must go through the following procedures
- Complete online application form
- A scanned copy of your latest University/College transcript result,
- Book an appointment to meet the coordinator of the programme to review documents
- Students will be given offer on the programme based on eligibility.
- Students given an offer will have to must write to accept offer and pay fees
- Students will be given a date to meet with the protocol officer to complete online visa application form and schedule appointment date to attend visa interview (Note that GTUC cannot guarantee visas but would give advice and support , students will have to submit documents to the embassy in person)
- Pre-interview sessions will be held before students appointment date at the embassy
- Students must pay full payment of the tuition before submitting documents to the embassy for visa.
- After students have received visas, there will be a pre-departure sessions (contact the programme coordinator to know when your pre-departure session is)