Diploma in Information Technology
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The program is project-focused, training students in the study of computer systems and their applications. Students develop the ability to process data or information in order to solve problems and study programming languages, algorithms and information structures. The discipline is applied within the marketplace, as well as in research.
Majors in the program include computer systems and networks, information environments, interaction design, scientific computing, software design and software information systems.
The course aims to equip graduates with the skills and attributes needed for professional practice and leadership. It is based on the themes of personal and academic development and professional formation. It provides sound foundations in IT, technical expertise and knowledge of professional practice, while developing academic literacy, advocacy skills and social awareness so that graduates become lifelong learners and effective citizens in many different capacities.
Introduction to a variety of IT aspects including Analysis, Design and Development of systems, Website Publishing and Hardware and Network Elements which is done during the first year. In the second year, one is taken through development of IT systems for business such as planning and forecasting, networking, databases and the web and human computer interaction. A one-year optional work experience module is also available to help students apply their ability in IT solutions. The final year emphasizes developing ones speciality.
- Passes in six subjects with an aggregate score of 39/27 or better in the WASSCE/ SSSCE including core subjects such as English, Integrated Science and Mathematics.
- Certificate in Microcomputer Technology or any recognized IT Certificate
OFFLINE APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Application forms for admission could be obtained at the GTUC Information Centre,
— GTUC – Adjacent Police Training School, Tesano, Accra
— Kumasi Campus Amanfrom – University Junction– Off the main Barekese Road,
— Koforidua Campus Charley Junction,
— Ho Learning Centre, Vodafone Regional Head Office,
— Takoradi Learning Centre, Vodafone Regional Office
and at our website www.gtuc.edu.gh here.
Applicants should please note that application submitted will not be processed until the cost of application form of GH¢150.00 is settled with banker’s draft from any bank.
Completed application forms with certified copies of Certificates / result slips should be submitted to the admissions offices before the closing date.
ONLINE APPLICATION PROCEDURE
- Select “For First Time Applicants” or “Create account” if a New User. Select “For Returning Applicants” or “Login” if a continuing user/applicant.
- First time applicants are required to fill the various fields in order to have their account creation successful.
- An SMS will be sent to phone number provided to confirm account creation.
- Various programs offered in the institution will be displayed where user makes selection. Per selection made, the various programs within the selected program are displayed from which a choice is to be made by applicant.
- Provide subsequent information to complete application;
- -Personal details
- -WAEC Results
- Personal details
- Academic Background
- Work experience
- Document upload
- Payment should be made to confirm application (Visa Card/MTN Mobile Money).
You can also obtain a hard copy of the Application Form from our various campuses (Remember to attach your passport sized photograph)
NOTE: Applicants with statement of results from West African Examination Council (WAEC) must add WAEC SCRATCH card(s) to their application form depending on the number of sittings
Majors in the program include:
- Computer systems and networks,
- Information environments,
- Interaction design,
- Scientific computing,
- Software design and
- Software information systems.